Call me slow!!!

OK call me a little slow but I have now finally noticed how to see unread posts. The shield images on the left hand side will change from a light color to a darker color when the forum is read. The image of the shield will also help you know alot about the activity on that particular forum.

Comments

• Yep, there are many things that I am learning each day too.....just takes some time and a little playing around to see what does what.
  • Daniel wrote:
    OK call me a little slow but I have now finally noticed how to see unread posts.
    Well...not exactly. The shield icons *do* clue you in to which threads have unread replies...but that's not exactly the same as telling you *which* replies are unread.

Some message forums will let you jump straight to the first unread reply in a thread. The old POS forum would at least highlight unread replies with a "*" to draw your attention.

Unfortunately, the new POS site does neither. Once you open a message with new replies, it's up to you to hunt through the list looking for the stuff you haven't seen before. Bummer.
  • After I log in, I go to Search --> Show Latest Posts. That saves me quite a bit a time.

Still not a fan of the new forum's look and feel. It's too garish and cartoonish for my taste. And, it wastes a lot of screen space. But, I appreciate the efforts being made to clear up the various bugs that have been noted.