Cockpit sun shields

Any preferences, suggestions on the best brand, Sun Foil, Kennon etc. Would appreciate comments re: fit, finish and ease of installation. (Note I had Kennon in my previous aircraft and was not totally satisfied.)

Comments

• What is the condition of the inside of your windscreen? If it has some wear and tear, I can't think of a better approach (bang-for-the-buck) than described above. My windscreen's in pretty good shape so I use an external cover from Planecover. It has the optional fleece-like liner for the windscreen and I really like it. Another bene is that it keeps the UV off the windows and a goodly portion of the upper fuselage. The downside is that putting on the cover is not as convenient as popping in a couple of sunscreens. On short stops I typically cover the top of the panel with a white towel. It really does make a difference in keeping the cabin and radios a bit less hot.
  • The best sun shields are an exterior cover. It keeps the sun (and Heat) out of your airplane, off the windshield and keeps water from leaking in. I know it's a lot more, but it will be some of the best money you spend to protect your bird. I used Bruce's Custom Covers and am very happy!