HELP - Auto gear extender diaphragm

I need to replace the diaphragm in my auto gear extender system in my Arrow III. My AI has located 2 of them at 2 different Piper Dealers but they are both dated 1998, apparently the last year Piper produced them. We are concerned about the longevity of a diaphragm that is already 12 yrs. old.

Does anyone know of any more recent replacement parts manufactured by another vendor? If you do,I would really appreciate hearing from you.

Thank you very much,
Jim

Comments

• I have an NOS diaphragm. They are a silicone type rubber and honestly mine seems like it was made today... Very supple and in no way dry rot or anything like that. I have mine "just to have one". My original works fine still.

How much are they asking for it?
  • $200.00. Where did you get yours? Is it a Piper part?
  • Also, what is an NOS Diaphragm?
  • NOS. New Old Stock. Yes, it is a genuine Piper part in the bag. Bright burnt orange looking thing... I paid $19 for it on eBay. I thought it to be a steal. I also have 2 complete units in case I needed parts. I like that system and want to keep mine working!
  • I agree with you. I'm keeping mine also. It's a great system. One of the diaphragm's we found the guy said it appeared somewhat brittle. Guess I'll have to take what I can get. thank you for the info. I appreciate it.
  • I found the part @ Preferred Air Parts.
  • Jim... Guest's part will be the right part. They are all the same.
  • Please let me know what the price is. I have ordered one but mioghht be interested in a spare.
    Thank you very much.