FREE PDFs of Cherokee Parts and Service Manuals

Hi Cherokee lovers,

A few years ago I downloaded PDFs of both the "Cherokee Parts Manual" and "Cherokee Service Manual".

Anyone who wants them is welcome to download them from my Apple "iDisk" (hard drive on the web).

Cherokee Parts Manual: files.me.com/charleshrutkay/leny0h

Cherokee Service Manual: files.me.com/charleshrutkay/xge4js

I don't know what the deal was with "Bomar Flying Service". But at the time I was happy to get my hands on a set of these manuals.

Of course, use your good judgment when using these manuals. THEY HAVE NOT BEEN UPDATED IN MANY YEARS.

If these links don't work (or stop working in the future), let me know.

Take care,

Charley

Comments

• Charley, I suspect you may soon be contacted by the same entities who forced Bomar to take down his free links to those documents.
  • Hi Jim C and others,

I don't know the Bomar story, except Bomar posted manuals for download and then took them down. I would suspect a copyright issue.

But after taking a closer look, the Cherokee manuals don't appear to be copyrighted.

I would hope Piper would want all owners and A & Ps to have the most current parts and service manuals. I would hope the manuals would not be something that Piper would feel they need to sell at a profit. Rather, as a gesture that promotes goodwill and in the interest of good product support, Piper should make the manuals readily available at a nominal cost.

I think Piper would rather that aircraft that they produced be repaired, serviced, and maintained with the benefit of the correct manuals. Although, certainly a lot of work can be done on these airplanes without any real reference materials. It's a gray area, where the mechanic simply uses good judgment, etc. etc. However, technically, there is an FAR that mandates that A & Ps have the appropriate reference material at their side, appropriate to whatever they are working on at the moment.

When I was in A & P school at Pittsburgh Institute of Aeronautics about 10 years ago, we were ALWAYS required to have approved reference materials beside us when we were working on a "real" airplane in the shop.

In any case, thank you to the person who posted the Google Documents link to the 2008 Service Manual and 2009 Parts Manual. Here I was offering the forum very outdated stuff! Sorry about that! I'll set my download links to expire in 30 days (just in case anyone wants to download my "old" manuals, for whatever reason).

Take care folks.

Charley
  • The links no longer work. Any updated links? Thanks!
    Mark
  • I'm interested in having a copy of the cherokee 6 parts manual. The Links don't appear to be working.

Thanks

Nick

• edited May 2022

Hi Nick,

Sorry, that post was from 2011. However, you can download one in pdf format for $50.00 from www.eflighmanuals.com

Scott Sherer
    Wright Brothers Master Pilot, FAA Commercial Pilot
    Aviation Director, Piper Owner Society Forum Moderator and Pipers Author.

Need help? Let me know!