Cherokee Interior Renovation

We are looking to renovate the interior of our 1977 Piper Arrow. Looking for a professional job fully installed with leather seats and trim. We are located in the mid-atlantic region. So far we have talked to Airtex and Advantage Interiors in Marrietta, PA. Anyone have experience with either of these companies? I know Airtex specializes in self install kit work but they also have an option for full install at their shop.

Comments

• John: We used airtex's premium kit for assembly for our Cherokee 6 interior. We are very happy with the materials and selection. Our mechanic did the install. My son says in hindsight we should of had professionals do the seats. I honestly don't see a difference, but he's an engineer. Airtex was helpful and delivered timely. Good Luck. Chuck
  • John, I also used the Airtex interior and did everything myself. Gutting and redoing my PA28-140 took about 4 days. After removing my old interior I really cleaned up the floors since the last interior was installed with some sort of nasty floor cement. After cleaning everything, I installed all flooring with 3" Velcro (Tape backing type). I can tell you that the flooring and side panels are about 85% done, the final fitting, cutting and screwing will be done by you, but it is not bad.

The seats were another story. The back seats took about 10 hours total to do. Do not try to reuse the plywood, just get new. I tried, but I gave up after a few hours. The front seats took another 10 hours each. You will need to strip them down to the frame, re-web them which took the bulk of the time. Get enough glue since I almost ran out one night. The seats are all sewed and the foam is mostly all done. I had to cut some foam to fit.

All in all, it was a good experience and I did not have to pay someone to do it. :) Good luck either way you go, you won't be disappointed in the outcome with their product.
  • I used advantage interiors. They completed the job in april. I was happy with the work and the price.