Piper Seneca III

What is the best operating % for long engine life of a TSIO 360 KB engine. I have heard low rpm and high mp is the best but what about CHT, EGT, and TIT values.

Comments

• I have operated our 1989 Seneca III since new, and made TBO the first time with only one cylinder needing valve work, and a turbo which needed overhaul at 1600 hours.
    We always set power at 65%, 31"/2400 rpm and lean to under 1600 TIT, which burns ~12GPH/engine in cruise. This equates to 170KTAS at 6-8000'. The aircraft has some Knots 2 U speed mods which give us +5 knots.
    The III has been a great travelling machine these last 25 years and 3000 hours.
  • Mckenna,
    Hi on a different topic, I'm looking for a Seneca III owner to answere this, when you switch on your heated dv panel does it stay on until you turn it off, or does it trip off after a short time, around 1:30 seconds? Not sure if I have a fault or not.
    Thanks
    Robert
  • Robert,
    Not sure what you mean by 'heated dv panel', but assuming it may be the windshield hot plate. If so, when switched on, it stays on.
    David
  • David,
    Thank you, yes it is the hotplate. I suspect it's the switch/cutout itself that may be causing the problem, will change this when I eventualy manage to find one, at the moment it seems to be 90 days plus! P/N 454-640 if anyone can help.
    Robert