Would you re-register as Experimental if you could?

A couple of days ago I got the monthly update from Piper Forum. One of the hottest topics for November was apparently a discussion on light bulbs - specifically, replacing the originally specified incandescent panel lamps with modern LEDs. The thread went on for page after page with all kinds of arguments both for and against. Most of the participants seemed to agree that the change was harmless, but also illegal.

If common sense changes like this are illegal for a certificated aircraft, then I have to wonder how many of us would swap over to experimental or the proposed Primary Non-Commercial category given the opportunity. To that end, I'd like to invite anyone here who has feelings on way or the other to take a brief (7 questions) survey:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/WK3T9XW

I know that this has been covered before, and I'm not necessarily trying to rehash the topic. Feel free to duke it out here, but please also take the survey. I really want some slightly more scientific data that I could take to the alphabet groups if enough people think its worth a shot.

Thanks,

Steve

P.S. - I'm posting this on several forums - APOA, EAA, PoA, etc. - to try to get as many responses as possible. You may see a similar post on those forums. Please forgive the cross-post.