I have a 1968 180D. The right wing is heavy. The ailerons are rigged correctly, but would like to lower the right flap a tad to raise the right wing. How can you adjust the flap. I saw the screw on the inboard trailing edge but can't get to it. Does that screw/ bolt have to come out to access the turnbuckle. I'm cornfused. I can't access the screw. Thanks in advance for any feedback. Great site, I'm glad I ran across it and became a member.


  • I have the same problem. The fix is not as simple as turning the adjusting nut. Try down loading the Service manual and look for the answer there.

  • Hi, make sure you have an A&P looking at your work. This is really his domain. Having said that, I've had to adjust flaps many times of the years. The service manual for the airplane gives a very specific and precise method of rigging the airplane.

    Scott Sherer
    FAA Master Pilot
    Piper Owner Society Forum Moderator and Pipers Author.
    Need help? Let me know!

Sign In or Register to comment.