Sidewinder rechargeable tug

I recently Bought a Piper Arrow and it came with this exquisite gadget. I tried it and it works flawlessly. I am an engineer and impressed with the quality and clever folding design. My FBO handles the aircraft for me, so I can't seem to find a use for this. The list price on these is around 1600 bucks. I will accept the first 1000 offered. No, I don't want to pay for shipping.

Please advise
Ryland

Comments

• Hi, many of us might not be familiar with the Sidewinder Rechargeable Tug. Is there a website that our members can reference?

Scott Sherer
    FAA Master Pilot
    Piper Owner Society Forum Moderator and Pipers Author.
    Need help? Let me know!

• http://www.aircraftspruce.com/pages/ps/towbars_0piper/redlinesidewinder.php

That's the link to the Aircraft Spruce site that sells it. Don't let the photo fool you. The thing folds up much smaller than shown. The one I have is in new condition.

For those interested, I invented a tow bar that screams when tow limits are exceeded. The prototype fits a Warrior. Necessity being the Mother that she is.........I had a tow bar that the line grunts broke twice. Now, if they can break the tow bar, what's that doing to my aircraft? I need a marketing guy to take this on.

Ryland
  • Thanks for the link. Two years ago I did an article on tugs and had no idea this even existed. Looks pretty cool!

Scott Sherer
    FAA Master Pilot
    Piper Owner Society Forum Moderator and Pipers Author.
    Need help? Let me know!

• Ryland,
    Is the sidewinder still available? I might be interested if it will work for a Piper Arrow.