New member and new to me 1970 Cherokee 140

Comments

• Been following your progress. Anxious to hear the “results’ of the first flight. Congrats!

• edited September 25

Well the verdict is in,,,,,, max gross weight = 2,150 empty weight = 1,354
    Full fuel allows 496lbs for pax at gross weight
    Half tanks allows 646lbs for pax at gross weight

Looks like I’m one cheeseburger away from a single place Cherokee 140!!!!! :D :D

Rich Denton
    President
    EAA Chapter 175

• I have one issue to take care of and it will be time to put this bird in the air!!!!! Oil Temp!
    The gauge is not indicating the oil temp
    Hope to have that resolved soon!

Rich Denton
    President
    EAA Chapter 175

• Okay, good luck! Post a couple of airborne pics if you get a chance :)

Scott Sherer
    FAA Master Pilot
    Piper Owner Society Forum Moderator and Pipers Author.
    Need help? Let me know!

• Oh look what is working!!!!!! First flight is just around the corner!!!!!!

Rich Denton
    President
    EAA Chapter 175

• By golly, you have gas! :) and the engine's running at 1k rpm! You have oil temp AND fuel pressure. It sure looks like an airplane to me! :)

Scott Sherer
    FAA Master Pilot
    Need help? Let me know!

• Things just got real today!!!!!!! First flight video coming soon!!!! Insured and almost ready to fly! Waiting on the final paperwork from my A&P! Going to do a once over inspection Monday and Tuesday to make sure there are no loose ends, shooting for first flight Thursday or Friday!

Rich Denton
    President
    EAA Chapter 175

• Go go go!!! Into the wild blue yonder!!! Congratulations

• Thanks Kent!!!!! Looking forward to it for sure!

Rich Denton
    President
    EAA Chapter 175

• You and I are at the same moment. I got my Arrow in March and it has been frustrating getting a few minor changes done. The GPS that was supposed to take 2 weeks took alot longer. And my annual and stringer replacement went from longer than I would have liked, too. Oh well! I'll be flying, hopefully, sometime around Tuesday or Wednesday. :) We'll celebrate together !

Scott Sherer
    FAA Master Pilot
    Need help? Let me know!

• edited October 12

Scott I thought I would have flown it by now but family life has been pretty hectic the last two weeks! My best friend just had a quadruple bypass at 45 as well!!! So I finally got back out to the hangar this week. Going over the aircraft and trying to finish up some loose ends on the inside, after I installed the rudder trim I had to re-rig my rudder and nose wheel steering system yesterday!!!! I had no left trim, It was bottomed out!! Oh welll,,,, it’s fixed and working perfectly! Tomorrow install the seats once again and it’s time to put it in the air! Hopefully the weather will be perfect Saturday....... first flight pics coming soon!!!!

Rich Denton
    President
    EAA Chapter 175

• Fingers crossed you can fly. I'm hoping to get the bird out Sunday, weather is looking good so far! :)

Scott Sherer
    FAA Master Pilot
    Need help? Let me know!

• edited October 15

Well boys and girls,,,,,,, it happened last Saturday!!! IT FLEW, IT FLEW!!!!!!!!!!!! What a AWESOME achievement! After sitting in the hangar for 11 years (before I owned it) with 1 year and a month of me working on it! It has finally been returned to FLYING STATUS!!!!

Rich Denton
    President
    EAA Chapter 175

• I know they are out of sequence SORRY!

Rich Denton
    President
    EAA Chapter 175

• I can’t put into words how I feel today! Definitely in the top 5 achievements in my life!

Rich Denton
    President
    EAA Chapter 175

• Way to go! I'm so pleased for you!

Scott Sherer
    FAA Master Pilot
    Need help? Let me know!

• YES!!! Another fine aircraft back in the skies!! Congratulations, well deserved..

• Thanks guys! The feeling of achievement is overwhelming......
    I might be hooked on rebuilding these planes and returning them back to Flying status!!!
    Going to look at another project plane next week!

Rich Denton
    President
    EAA Chapter 175

• Another plane lovingly restored and flying again! Thanks and congratulations!

• Where is your home airport? Wish I had the time to undertake such projects!

• Nice job. You can do mine next.

Paul

1963 Cherokee 180 B.

• Kent, my home airport is KPCM Plant City, Florida

Thanks Brother, If I restore another one it will be to resale it when it is finished.

Rich Denton
    President
    EAA Chapter 175

• Thanks. I’m northern KY. Thought if a quick trip I’d fly down to see the “new” bird.

• edited October 17

Kent my wife is from Bardsrown, KY. I lived in Ft. Mitchell, Ky for a couple of years. My Grandma lives in Belview, Ky just across the river from Cincinnati, OH
    My wife was a CFII & MEII at Sunken Lunken for several years at the A Frame

Rich Denton
    President
    EAA Chapter 175

• Kent your welcome down here any time, I have a spare room for guests!!!!

Rich Denton
    President
    EAA Chapter 175

• Congratulations !!!

Way to go !

What a nice job you have done !

Paulo Hatschbach
    Private Pilot

• Cyberpilot, nice work, I bet you are so STOKED!!!!!

• Thanks Cyber. Know all the areas you speak of..Nelson Co, family in Ft Mttchell, travel to Cincy for shopping/dinner. Small world! Took my private pilot exam at old Lunken. Nice airport restaurant there.

• edited October 22

Well I put 6 hours on the plane last week and the engine is running great! My son has been asking to fly it about every day. He is a student at Central Florida Aerospace Academy and a member of the Lakeland Aero Club. He has time in a Warrior, Arrow, and a Cub, as well as several hours in the Red Bird flight sim at the Aero Club. I surprised him today with taking him to the airport, had him help me clean the bugs off then got him in the plane and took him out to taxi it around and get familiar with the toe brakes! Little did he know my CFI was meeting us at the hangar at 6:00 pm for his first logged flight lesson! What a great father, son day! Oh by the way it is not my plane anymore, I have been informed it is OURS! LOL I didn’t realize it when I purchased it, but this is so much more than a plane!!!!!!

Rich Denton
    President
    EAA Chapter 175

• Pretty sure that SMILE sums up the flight he had!!!!!! Another GREAT day in Aviation!!!!
    Thank the good LORD for all these blessings!

Rich Denton
    President
    EAA Chapter 175