When it's a beautiful day, what does a person do?

You go flying!!!

Us.jpg 110.5K

I love to defy gravity!
1979 Arrow IV

Comments

• Too easy!!!! Agreed! What year?

• Hey, retract those flaps, your Arrow will go alot faster! lol :)

Scott Sherer
    Wright Brothers Master Pilot, FAA Commercial Pilot
    Aviation Director, Piper Owner Society Forum Moderator and Pipers Author.

Need help? Let me know!

• Kent, it's a 1979 Arrow IV...one of the "hated" T-tails...I don't mind the T-tail whatsoever. Yes, it handles a bit differently than a conventional tail, once you understand that, it flies completely normal.

I love to defy gravity!
    1979 Arrow IV

• Harley,
    I have 500 hours in a T-Tail Seminole. The takeoff roll is a bit longer and it requires a tug to get the nose up, but after that it's just like any other plane. :)

Scott Sherer

Need help? Let me know!

• Yep, Scott, you are exactly correct. Since there's no blast from the prop, the stabilator takes a wee bit longer to become effective. Once it wakes up, it's just as effective as a conventional stabilator. I think the T-tail aircraft got a bum rap because folks were trying to handle them like the conventional tail aircraft, when they didn't handle the same, people grumbled. With 50 lbs. of lead shot in the baggage area, the cg moves aft enough to help with the need to really pull a lot of up on takeoff.

I love to defy gravity!
    1979 Arrow IV

• Roger that, Harley. :) The weather right now is awesome outside. I'm heading to the airport shortly. I have hangar cleaning to start on, lol. :)

Scott Sherer

Need help? Let me know!