GROUP PURCHASE - Replacement Inflatable (Bob Fields) Door Seal - PA28/PA28R/PA44

Dear PIPER PA28/PA28R/PA44 owners,

I need a new Inflatable Door Seal (Bob Fields) for my PA44T. I have made arrangements for duplication of the original seal, with a vendor that makes the replacement seal for the Beech Baron, and is also the OEM supplier for the Corvalis/TTX/Lancair IVP.

If I can get at least 20 owners to all chip in on a group purchase, there would be a $50 tooling charge plus the cost of the seal. Seal prices are between $375-$575 depending on the number of folks that show interest. He is also willing to through in a rear baggage door seal made of the same material and color (Gray) for $25 each if you join the group purchase.

All seals would be shipped with clear silicone adhesive for installation.

These will be classified as "owner approved parts" so you will want to check with your installer as they are made to sample. However, they are made of AMS-3301 MIL-SPEC Silicone which most A&P's will be happy with as MIL-SPEC material is referenced in AC 43.14B.

Once we have sufficient commitment, we would Paypal the vendor.

Please Email or Text me to confirm interest. Thanks!

Dave Coleman
tristarpilot@hotmail.com

Comments

• Hi Dave,
    Have you contacted the Bob Fields company? I purchased a new inflatable door seal for my Arrow from Bob Fields son, now running the company, just a couple of months ago.

Scott Sherer
    Wright Brothers Master Pilot, FAA Commercial Pilot
    Aviation Director, Piper Owner Society Forum Moderator and Pipers Author.

Need help? Let me know!

• Boy are you lucky. He has defrauded several aircraft owners. Apparently there is a warrant out for his arrest because he never showed at court.
  • Oh no! That's not good. It's a great product and Bob Fields deserves are better legacy than that.

Scott Sherer

Need help? Let me know!

• BBB Rating
    F
    Customer Reviews are not used in the calculation of BBB Rating

Alert
    See What BBB Reports On
    Alert
    The Better Business Bureau (BBB) conducted an investigation of this company in November of 2018. Complainants have alleged that the company does not make a door seal for them once they have paid money for the door seal with their credit card they never hear from them. Complainants have also alleged that when they try to contact the business through email or calls the company does not respond to them. After investigating this company BBB suggests using caution when doing business with this company.

BBB has determined that the company is properly licensed but as of April, 2019 they do not respond to complaints forwarded by BBB.
  • Oh, that's so sad :( In September of last year I talked to Craig Fields for about a half hour. Nice guy, great conversation. I got my door seals shortly thereafter.

Scott Sherer

Need help? Let me know!

• FYI - Bob Fields Aerocessories was acquired by TALCO Aviation. Their new website is www.aerocessories.aero. New seals are available for purchase now!

Press Release