Seneca w/ Merlyn Fuel flow setup help

2»

Comments

• It doesn't actually die, just #1/2 go "cold" with EGT of 600 or so implying poor or no combustion. Rest of cylinders fire on just fine. But fuel flow at 700-800 RPM is in the 2.5gph range

• looks like cam is PN 643069; lifters are 653906 (?) writing is hard to discern. Signature shop. Would confirm on Continental but online Illustrated Parts Catalog is broken- apparently they had a cyber attack that crashed their US operations out of Alabama.

• Mine has run very rough / died when FF went below 2.1 GPH. TCM tech support said the fuel manifold (spider) has a minimum pressure (FF) in order to stay open and that's why I asked. I vaguely recall a couple of cylinders at much lower EGT when starting up at low RPM. I know this isn't moving you towards a solution though maybe the 'not only me' data is useful.

DJ

• T, what do you see for MP at idles?

carl

48 yrs A/P IA DAL aircraft inspector. 172N

• I did manage to find in all my reading material, the hi flow lifters have to be used with certain valve/guide combos, so this may not be a issue on your engine. However, back in the 80's tcm did modify flow dividers on 520 series ( as i was reading) for improved flow when hot and idle. This was my impetus for checking your dividers, and perhaps see if there is a upgrade or change that can be applied to your engines. ( im stabbing they may have changed others too. ) I'm also assuming there is no oil fouling on plug of each engine. Carl

48 yrs A/P IA DAL aircraft inspector. 172N