A folding bike for your Piper

Hey everyone! This is Marta from Montague Bikes. As some of you may know, we make a line of full size folding bicycles, that are very popular among private plane owners. We wanted to join the community here, and also let you know that we are currently giving away one of our folding bikes. If you're interested, you can enter here.

Let us know if you have any questions about our bikes!

mini_BOSTON-Folded-sm.jpg

Comments

• I have two of your bikes. They are very sturdy and well made. However it can be challenging to fit both into a Cherokee due to the size of the baggage door.
  • I have a set of Dahon Curve D3 folding bikes. The fit into the baggage compartment of my Arrow perfectly. It took a long time to find something that would easily fit in the baggage compartment of the Cherokee without getting frustrated with putting them in. :-)
  • koconno2: Sounds like you were able to fit both Montague bikes into your Cherokee though? We do have folding pedals available which make our bikes a bit narrower when folded, those could come in handy. The nice thing is that once on the ground you can take advantage of the performance of our bikes, with a ride quality much better than small wheels folding bikes. It would be great if you could send us/post some pictures of your Cherokee and your two Montague folding bikes. And please, let us know if you have any questions!

Grabidou: We're just happy you're out there riding a bike, we won't hold it against you that it's a Dahon ;) It’s true that Montague bikes, when folded, are a little bit bigger than a Dahon (Not much!), but we really pride ourselves on making high performance folding bikes, that ride just like a traditional bike. You can even do serious off-road riding on a Montague, as a 26" wheel is standard for mountain bikes.