turning a 1974 Cherokee 6 into club seating

Hello, I have a 1974 Piper Cherokee 6 with 6 forward facing seats. Does anyone know where I can find the STC or the STC number to getting this work performed? Any recommendations on the process and cost? Thanks!

Comments

• Does anyone on here know where I can find a list of all active STC's and do a search for something individual myself? Any info is appreciated. Thanks
  • Hey Bill, it's often REALLY hard to find what you are looking for, but you can go to the FAA database for approved STCs, and you can drill down based on make. Good luck!!!

http://rgl.faa.gov/Regulatory_and_Guidance_Library/rgSTC.nsf/MainFrame?OpenFrameSet
  • Hi Bill,
    I did an FAA search for STC;s for the PA-32-300 and 260 and even the PA-32R-301. I see no STC for the Club Seating conversion and it dawns on me that it possibly does not exist and that the ones that may have been converted may have been done with field certifications supported by DER engineering. The expense to get an STC is vast! The decision to invest in an STC is based on return on investment. How many pilots would spend the money to convert there "Six" to club seating? The cost of materials would probably be minor but "your" portion of the STC recovery cost would be serious! I suspect that there was no money in it and that an STC was never done. I had a 69 Six and loved the idea also but never pursued it. Good Luck. Bob Hart www.AvionixHelp.com