Arrow: Intermittent Gear Indication Fault: Help Please?

Good afternoon USA: We operate a 1970 PA28R200 from a private grass strip in the UK and have done so for over 20 years without problem. It has just returned from its annual at which a panel light problem was traced and fixed and wingtip strobes and LED Landing light fitted. Last week while taxying for pre takeoff power checks a group member witnessed a brief flickering of all three greens, the gear intransit light and the gear klaxon sounded. All over in 2 seconds and nothing since. Do any other Arrow owners recognise this fault which is clearly intermittent but worrying. A phone call to our engineer has him puzzled and he is inspecting the a/c this week.Maybe of significance was that it was raining and the grass had been cut the day before.
We have inspected all the microswitches visible in the gear well and no contamination found: Neither did there seem to be any FB in the gear pitot. I guess disturbance of 40 year old wiring behind the panel during annual work may be high on the cards as a cause. Any ideas out there? I should add that our a/c has the 'auto extend' feature but does not have the 'disable ' pin and its flashing-when-engaged amber light on the panel above the greens.

Many thanks Peter

Comments

• My local club has a '75 Arrow that has this exact problem, and has for quite some time. This aircraft doesn't have the auto-extend feature. We have two very sharp mechanics and they have yet to find a cause for it yet. Wish I could be more helpful! Best of luck in finding the gremlin, and please do post here if you come up with the root cause.