Spare Door Keys?

Hello All!

I'm the proud new owner of a 1998 Saratoga. The previous owner only had one key and I've been trying to find a place/way to order a couple of extra keys. Can anyone tell me where to go for this? Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Funny story, I flew to Miami last week and when closing the plane my friend broke the key inside the lock, since we know a A&P in Tamiani he had a guy come over to the airport and open the door and make 2 new keys, everything was fine until we got the check, 825$ for the job.... we started arguing and at some point I was so angry that I wanted to just punch the guy in the face... anyway got ripped off... my advice, buy new locks, they go for 175$ hope this helps, regards
  • If you have standard Piper locks, any hardware store or locksmith can make these from the original. If the previous owner installed Medco locks, you have to order from http://aircraftsecurity.com/. The Medco locks will have a key with a square head and are fairly expensive. Piper only made a few variations of the keys so your key will probably unlock ten to fifteen percent of the Pipers on your field (that is why your A&P rarely asks you for your key).
  • Thanks for the advice! I went to a locksmith and he made two keys but they are a little imperfect because they fit the pilot's door but don't work on the rear passenger door. I may go with Daniel's advice and order two new locks.

Thanks again.