Panel mounted JPI EDM-730 in a PA28-140

I'm looking into the JPI EDM-730 engine monitor for my Cherokee and was wondering if anyone has mounted on in the pilot side panel? If you installed it anywhere else, where did you mount it? I would like to try to keep it within straight eye view as much as possible. I currently have a JPI Classic just under the clock, I would like to maybe install the 730 there if I can. Just wondering what issue if any anyone had.

Comments

• I helped my IA install one below the clock on my Warrior. The only issue is cutting out the plastic overlay to fit around the 730. The 730 and 830 models are the same but have different bundles for the sensors. I bought the 730 but wanted percentage horsepower so had to buy the manifold pressure and outside air temperature sensors so it would have been less expensive to start with a 830.
  • Thank you Kent, I am looking to install the 830 in the same space, just under the clock. Good to know that it will fit there. So you cut the plastic overlay to fit around the unit? We were thinking of doing the same. Did the until fit close to flush spanning down past that aluminium panel separator (Best words I can find)? Did you install the OAT sensor? If so, where? My IA likes to poke it out the side, but I want to make sure it is the right spot. Any photos? My unit is shipping today for a Jan install.
  • PM your email address and I can send you a picture of my installation. I couldn't upload it here. The OAT was mounted under the plane just left of the right wing. We did the fuel management option and that works very well.