Good time to buy an Engine Analyzer!

Hi all, If you follow my Avionics Articles, you know that I believe that any aircraft that spends time in the clouds should have "enhanced" engine monitoring capability. The harder the IFR, the greater the need. I did an extensive 2-part series on the subject back in June/July 2014 (wow ... it's amazing how fast time goes by!). My general advice about buying an engine analyzer or management system has been to wait for Oshkosh or Sun N' Fun because that's when the big three manufacturers offer rebates. Now, may be a very good time if you're in the market! Electronic International just announced the largest rebates they have ever offered are available now through the end of the year.. I know the EI folks very well. These are good people making good products with some of the best customer support in the industry. Check out my articles (available in the archives) if you need some advice, then check out EI. ( http://buy-ei.com/ei-rebate/) If your thinking about a Christmas present for yourself, an EI just might be the answer! Happy Holidays! Bob Hart www.AvionixHelp.com

Comments

• I agree, I just ordered the CGR-30p basic. I'm actually a low time pilot and the fuel flow info is what pushed me over the edge. at $2300 before install but after rebate it's a no brainer. Plus my old tach is just average and I'd love to know my engine stats for leaning even if I can't go LOP. I have a 1978 Archer 2 with the 0-360
  • Hi, this is great news! I really need one for my Seneca but I have to wait. I think Santa sent you my new engine analyzer! When you get it, please send before and after photos for us. This is a major safety improvement and we need to share it with everyone. Thanks so much for the update.

Scott Sherer
    Wright Brothers Master Pilot, FAA Commercial Pilot
    Aviation Director, Piper Owner Society Forum Moderator and Pipers Author.

Need help? Let me know!