NavWorx ADS 600B and FAA AD

Does anybody knows if the proposed AD for the NavWorx ADS 600B UAT has been implemented? If so, which website I can go to to get a copy of it? I Googled it and the only thing that comes up in the FAA website is the proposed AD not the final ruling. Also, has anyone had any luck contacting NavWorx? I have called them and emailed them without success. I don't know if they are going to reimburse the money that I have spent on that equipment or if they will exchange it for one that is compliant. I purchased my equipment and installed around March of 2016. Around October, I sent it back to have the Transmode installed so I could connect it to my Garmin 480. During that time, no one at NavWorx informed me of their problems with the FAA. Any information that you all can provide is helpful and appreciated. Thank you.

Comments

• Hi, I had a NavWorx ADS-600B installed about two years ago and I've been following the AD. Are you using the internal GPS or are you using the external GPS. As I understand it, this AD is only in effect if you're using the internal, uncertified GPS. In my case, I have the unit getting its WAAS position from my panel mounted GPS. Also, you might try contacting Avidyne as they OEM the ADS-600B as their own product. They call it a SkyTrax. If I hear anything further I'll let you know immediately.

Scott Sherer
    Wright Brothers Master Pilot, FAA Commercial Pilot
    Aviation Director, Piper Owner Society Forum Moderator and Pipers Author.

Need help? Let me know!

• Thank you Scott. I have to do an internal software update in order for me to connect my ADS 600B (at least that is what I've been told) with my Garmin 480. But yes, eventually I'll do that. I read the proposed AD, and it states that all of the ADS 600B must be removed regardless of where they get the position reports. Do you know if the AD has been admended? If so, can you send me a link of where you found the most updated AD? Do you know if the proposed AD has been implemented making it mandatory? Thanks again for your help.
  • Hi, let me see what I can find. Thanks for the message.

Scott Sherer

Need help? Let me know!

• Hi, I've checked the FAA website and there does not appear to be an AD on the ADS-600B boxes. Rather, the FAA is suspending NavWorx's authorization to manufacture ADS-B boxes until they come to agreement. Here is the FAA document that I was able to find: https://www.faa.gov/news/press_releases/news_story.cfm?newsid=21154

Scott Sherer

Need help? Let me know!