Rotation speed

This is a question for piper cherokee 140 or 150 owners. I moved my airplane to an airport with a 3200' runway. I was used to a 5500' runway. What suggestions does anyone have? Will my cherokee rotate at 60 mph?

Comments

• Follow your POH. If you don't have a POH, you can buy an FAA approved one online. Also, it would be a good idea to do some take offs and landing calculations to ensure that your airplane can take off and land within the available runway (which I don't think it should be a problem) but it all depends on density altitude (DA) and weight of the aircraft. Also, I would suggest that if you are not too familiar with this airport to do some take offs and landings with a CFI. Hopefully this helps out.
  • You've been much help. Actually I did take a CFI. That was a blessing
    Thanks
  • Hi and thanks for writing. I'm holding a Cherokee 140 POH in my hands and quoting directly from that manual. A Cherokee 140 at a gross weight of 2,150 lbs at standard condition at sea level. Take off run flaps up: 800' Take off distance over 50' obstacle flaps up: 1,700'. Landing roll flaps down: 535'. I hope this helps.

Scott Sherer
    Wright Brothers Master Pilot, FAA Commercial Pilot
    Aviation Director, Piper Owner Society Forum Moderator and Pipers Author.

Need help? Let me know!

• Thanks Scott. That helps a lot.
    Blessings. Marshall