My new/old Lance II

I started with a PA28-235 and loved her for 12-years but always wanted a Lance...and got N39506 about a month ago...getting to know her is amazing.

Comments

• That is one beautiful airplane. Nice paint, great photo! May you have thousands of fun hours flying this bird around the country! :)

Scott Sherer
    FAA Master Pilot
    Piper Owner Society Forum Moderator and Pipers Author.
    Need help? Let me know!

• Yes, we've enjoyed traveling...most recent trip KY-SD, Mount Rushmore was awesome. Also, purchased the Lance for the IFR platform: GNS750, GTX345 (ABSin/out), EDM850, AltiMatic IIIC, & King KI525A HSI. The KI525A went down and couldn't get the parts so replaced with a Garmin G5. It works great with the GPS steering. I got my IFR ticket and found the AI wondering, wouldn't hold altitude. The shop says it's expensive so i wanted to go to another G5 but found it didn't interface with the autopilot. So i'm going with an Aspen 1000 PFD which will interface.

Here comes the rub...a recent SAIB (SW-18-31) released 21Nov18 about the ASPEN 1000 instruments...noting an unexpected instrument reset and loss of all altitude and airspeed references...Has any of our members have any experiences with this problem...I would like to know before installation...scheuled for Dec 17th...

• Hi, I have the Aspen in my Arrow. No resets, no worries. The reset problem exists only if you're displaying ADS-B data on the Aspen. :)

Scott Sherer
    FAA Master Pilot
    Piper Owner Society Forum Moderator and Pipers Author.
    Need help? Let me know!

• Very beautiful and capable airplane, congratulations!

• That is a very nice Lance!!!