First Long Trip In New (To Me) Turbo Arrow.

My first long trip in the Arrow this week, Milwaukee, Wisconsin to Denver, Colorado with one stop in Omaha, Nebraska for fuel. Tac Air and Denver Jet Center treated me well. Good service, fast and friendly. I had two hours in the soup stuck at four thousand due to ice at 5,000 ft so I couldn't climb out on top. After two hours of rain in the clouds (no ice) I broke out and the rest of the trip was clear, but I had 55 kts directly on the nose. Long, slow flight but smooth and the Arrow did a great job. Return trip, VFR with tail wind the entire way, 180kts ground speed. My JPI 830 said I was doing about 13 miles per gallon on the way home and about 10 going there. I had a cooler with bottled water and gourmet pop tarts while listening to my Sirius/XM radio on the Beatles channel. I put 13 hours in the plane and had a great time. Nothing beats a long trip. If you haven't done any, they're wonderful. Here are a couple of pics.

Scott Sherer
Wright Brothers Master Pilot, FAA Commercial Pilot
Aviation Director, Piper Owner Society Forum Moderator and Pipers Author.

Need help? Let me know!

Comments

• great pics Scott. I envy you and that trip. Looks like fun.
    I too have the ipad mounted on my yoke....I hate that, I wish I could somehow permanently mount something with Foreflight.

• Cool pictures, Scott, thanks for sharing!

@airslo I don’t like the yoke mount either so I keep my iPad mini on my lap using this http://myclipforipad.com/

Karol Zadora
    PA28RT-201T Turbo Arrow IV
    Seattle Area

• Nice scenic and snowy photos. Still green and brown scenery in KY...luckily!

• We got 3 inches of snow in Denver and the next day it was gone. But, I had to wait for the icing layer to blow out before departure. All went well.

Scott Sherer

Need help? Let me know!

• Glad you navigated safely!

• Yes indeed. :) Although it's all in the magic of GPS, lol. :)

Scott Sherer

Need help? Let me know!

• edited November 2018

Man I thought I did a big thing by flying from KPCM to KOCF for lunch, then to KLAL to stop by Gulf Coast Avionics for a quote, then back home to KPCM last Wednesday!!!!
    :D:#
    Great pics Scott! And I love the carbon fiber overlay on your panel!
    Don’t hate me, but I’m pretty sure there is a 140 in my hangar that will look similar soon!!!
    Remember imitation is the finest form of flattery! :#

Rich Denton
    President
    EAA Chapter 175

• Roger that! :)

Scott Sherer

Need help? Let me know!

• Nice pictures!

• By the way, in the for-what-it's-worth department, I opened the side window on the pilots side and took those pics through the vent opening, that's why they're so clear. :)

Scott Sherer

Need help? Let me know!