New ad

Really surprised no one is talking about the proposed ad..

Comments

• My '69 Arrow 200 (never a trainer) has 3600 hrs total and I fly MAYBE 80 hrs per year. Since the AD relates to airframes with 5000 hrs and I am 75, I should live so long!!!

Jim Torley
    CFI-A/I/G
    1969 Arrow 200
    Based at KFLY (Colorado Springs, CO)

• And actually, there is a formula that has to do with how many 100 hour inspections the plane has had, so your personal Arrow probably has a higher number than 5000!

Jim M.
    PA-28R-200
    Based at BUU
    ATC Chicago TRACON

• Ok, so there's another thread on this forum for the AD, which another member started. The 5,000 hours is "factored service hours" and has a long formula based upon both total hours and how many 100 hour inspections are in your log. You'll need to count the 100 hour inspections to know for sure. (Note: we're not talking about annual inspections, just 100 hour inspections).

Scott Sherer
    Wright Brothers Master Pilot, FAA Commercial Pilot
    Aviation Director, Piper Owner Society Forum Moderator and Pipers Author.

Need help? Let me know!

• Yea I will need to get it done. 7000 hrs airframe time, with 1missing logbook...

• Sorry to hear that but at least you'll know your bird's safe.

Scott Sherer

Need help? Let me know!

• yea, I don't I don't mind, I would rather know then not....

• I cant seem to find in the AD how often this check is supposed to happen. Can anyone tell me how often?

thanks
    Kevin

• Hi Kevin,
    Follow the link above and you'll see the posting. Just remember it's not an AD yet, just an NPRM. It's likely to change some before it becomes an AD.

Scott Sherer

Need help? Let me know!