PA-32R-300 Saratoga Checkout Needed

Hello, I just bought a Saratoga and need to find someone who can do my checkout, preferably in the western half of the country. I live in Arizona. The only training program that comes up when I Google it is Bartelt. I'm not opposed to going all the way up to Michigan for training, but would like to find something closer to the southwest if possible. Thank you for any info you can provide.

Comments

• Hi, is there any particular reason that you're not looking at your local flight school for assistance? Last March I switched from a Seneca, which I've flown for 30 years, to a turbo Arrow and found my local flight instructor to be totally adequate.

Scott Sherer
    Wright Brothers Master Pilot, FAA Commercial Pilot
    Aviation Director, Piper Owner Society Forum Moderator and Pipers Author.

Need help? Let me know!

• Hi Scott, my insurance company is requiring that I get an IPC from a CFII who has a minimum 25 hours in same make and model. I figured it would be easier to find a dedicated Saratoga program someplace than start calling around asking for individual instructors' PA-32 experience. But maybe that's what I need to do anyway? I currently fly an Arrow, and I have lots of time behind IO-540s in other airplanes, so the transition to a PA-32 should be a no-brainer. Just gotta satisfy the insurance company...

• Ok, I understand now but I've never experienced that particular requirement. When I went to a Seneca from a Mooney I needed a checkout and time, but CFII experience wasn't specified. Thanks for the update.

Scott Sherer
    Wright Brothers Master Pilot, FAA Commercial Pilot
    Aviation Director, Piper Owner Society Forum Moderator and Pipers Author.

Need help? Let me know!