Heads up!!

We are in the middle of a blizzard that is heading toward Chicago-land. KCOS had wind gust of 97 mph today and all roads north and east from here to Kansas are closed. National Guard is rescuing people stranded on the roads. I have 4 foot drifts in my driveway. I am sure my hangar is full of snow with these winds (currently 40-50 mph). Spring is one week away!!!

Jim Torley
CFI-A/I/G
1969 Arrow 200
Based at KFLY (Colorado Springs, CO)

Comments

• I was thinking about you folks north of me. I have a friend who has a plane and lives in Greeley. We have talked about how we measure winds in this part of the country. Sounds like the log chain is standing out today.

• Absolutely! All the links are off the ground. I will have to work hard tomorrow to shovel a path to the shed where I keep my snowblower if the winds don't rattle the log chain :)

Jim Torley
    CFI-A/I/G
    1969 Arrow 200

• Hi Jim,
    You're better off than the Texas folks. They lost 40 planes at one airport. Ouch! I hope you're doing okay, though, and that you, your house, cars and plane is safe.

Scott Sherer
    Wright Brothers Master Pilot, FAA Commercial Pilot
    Aviation Director, Piper Owner Society Forum Moderator and Pipers Author.

Need help? Let me know!

• Just learned this afternoon that the high winds blew 2 hangar doors off our building. Took me forever to drive there because of the roads but the owner was there and thinks he can put them back on after some repairs.

Jim Torley
    CFI-A/I/G
    1969 Arrow 200

• Thanks for the good wishes, Scott! I can't wait for spring!!

Jim Torley
    CFI-A/I/G
    1969 Arrow 200

• Now that "Windmageddon" has moved East, I will be getting the plane out this weekend for some sunny and leisurely cruising around the area

• Sounds great, Bill! I'm flying for the first time in 9 weeks tomorrow.

Scott Sherer
    Wright Brothers Master Pilot, FAA Commercial Pilot
    Aviation Director, Piper Owner Society Forum Moderator and Pipers Author.

Need help? Let me know!