Narco NCS 812 TSO question

Picture on the Narco says it's an NCS 812 but I can't seem to find much information about it. The unit works great for Nav/Comm but when I flip it over for DME read out I just get EE.E on the feq screen where it should read out the distance. I'm just trying to find out how I can validate if this thing does do DME or if it's missing some component that it won't work until I add and I can't seem to find much info.

Comments

• Ok looks like it could be an MK12E/NCS812 TSO Nav/Com. I think it may read that EE.E if there is not an IDME891 or an IDME895 hooked to it? I'm not sure if I have one of the units in my dash.
  • Did it work before and is now not functioning?

I have a NARCO DME195 that worked great when I bought the plane but now only displays distance when switched to the #2 NAV. We're speculating that the interface to the #1 NAV has gone south but aren't sure. Waiting to finally get into a hangar (I'm doing the waiting list thing) before trying to run this down.
  • I'm not sure if it worked I've only had the plane as of July 2011. I can't really find anyone that knows if it did or did not.. I'm told that it for sure does not have an 895 or an 891 in it from avionic shop so I suspect that is the real problem. Thanks for the info.