Electronic ignition STC

Electroair Announcement

Electroair Announces STC for 4-Cyl Lycomings

STC for Electronic Ignition System

Howell, MI - Electroair is pleased to announce that is has received an STC for its four cylinder electronic ignition system. This initial STC covers Lycoming four cylinder engines installed on a wide range of airframes. STC information and approved models listed on the Electroair website.

Performance Gains & Wide Range of Aircraft Supported

Significant performance and economy improvements have been documented in use of Electroair's ignition systems, over 2,500 of which have been previously installed in experimental aircraft.

This initial STC covers a wide range of aircraft including Cessnas, Pipers, Grummans, American Champions, Beechcraft, Mooneys and more. Many of you have been waiting for this list to be published. Click here to see the complete list of approved aircraft: Approved Model List

To learn more, go to our website and click on the STC button. Complete installation instructions and technical support information is available. Kits are in stock at the factory or throughout our growing distribution network. Click, call or email if you have any questions.

Electroair
www.electroair.net
sales@electroair.net

(866) 494-3002

© 2011 Electroair All Rights Reserved

Comments

• Offering commentary regarding the Electroair electronic ignition system - I spend a good deal of my aviation life operating experimental aircraft and have many hours flying Velocity aircraft with the Electroair system. A typical installation includes one (1) magneto w/impulse and a single Electroair ignition system. I found that engine starts are easier than aircraft with dual magnetos. During pre-takeoff ignition check it is normal to see (maybe) a 20RPM drop when the Electroair system is isolated. Engine operation is smoother and it delivers noticable improvements in power. Installation of the system is straightforward - any A&P should be able to do the job easily. This system is definately on my Christmas list.

Scott
    Arrow II
  • Good to hear a pirep. Have you noticed a better fuel burn rate too?
  • Has anyone here installed the STC on a cherokee yet and do you have any other comments?
  • Has anyone installed an Electroair on a Turbo Arrow TSIO 360?

• Very good question. If I find anything on the topic that's timely I'll get it posted right here.

Scott Sherer
    Wright Brothers Master Pilot, FAA Commercial Pilot
    Aviation Director, Piper Owner Society Forum Moderator and Pipers Author.

Need help? Let me know!

• What is the cost after installation of the system?

Paul

1963 Cherokee 180 B.

• Very good question. The ElectroAir EIS-61000-1m is $5,500.00 for a Continental 360. Their instructions say it will take between 9 and 20 hours to install the unit. At $90.00 per hour, that's between $810 and $1,800 for the install. This totals between $6,310 and $7,300 plus materials used (switches, circuit breakers, etc). This is a huge amount of money, methinks.

Scott Sherer

Need help? Let me know!

• That’s a lot of rebuilt magnetos and plugs.

Paul

1963 Cherokee 180 B.

• ElectoAir Site lists. $3750 for 4 cylinder...a “little” better

• Good price if you're buying a new airplane. Bad price if you're trying to retrofit in one of our legacy aircraft.

Scott Sherer

Need help? Let me know!

• Yes!! I agree, not enough value for the cost.

• It would be cool, but I have a million things on the list ahead of this.

Paul

1963 Cherokee 180 B.

• I think it makes sense if you regularly fly in the upper teens, because this is where the performance and fuel consumption difference is most significant.

Otherwise it is mostly about increased redundancy and easier starting, but I find my TSIO-360 quite easy to start in stock configuration. I am planning to get GAMI injectors installed pretty soon, which will hopefully make it even easier.

Since most of my flying is local and fairly low-level, I don’t think adding Electroair makes sense for me, but I will be keeping eye on the market. There is another company (SureFly) that is trying to get a similar product certified, at significantly lower price point, although the technology is not as advanced.

Karol Zadora
    PA28RT-201T Turbo Arrow IV
    Seattle Area