Warrior II Pitot Blade

I have a 1981 Warrior and the pitot blade cover was stolen - then some mud daubers decided to make their home. They didn't get too far, but there was some debris in the ram air hole and the static hole. I CAREFULLY cleaned it out, but apparently there is still some crap in there. The airspeed registers, but it is slow to rise and changes in airspeed are slow to react. How can I clean it out without taking it off the wing? Could a container of water be propped up so the blade is in the water and the mud (or whatever) softens up and runs out? I don't want to pull it off unless I have to.

Comments

• There are holes on the bottom, back, and front. Use #32 safety wire and run it through.
  • If you have a heated pitot then you really don't want to attempt to remove it. The heater element wires will break readily and are expensive to repair.

You are a little unfortunate in that the Warrior normally has the static ports on the same mast.
    The A&P would be able to blow the system through from within the cabin and then to do a pitot/static test.
    The static system feeds the encoder amongst other instruments and you really don't need any errors or damage.

The holes on the mast are 'calibrated' drain holes and can be used as long as you are careful.
    Reverse blowing through the lines would be the normal method and a leak and sense test should be carried out after any repairs to the instrument air system.
    Air is never blown into the static system. Likewise any air blown into the pitot line is headed directly towards the ASI.

It is one of those quick and easy jobs that has potential to turn to custard if a slip is made.

I guess the new cover is already on the way.