My new/old Lance II

I started with a PA28-235 and loved her for 12-years but always wanted a Lance...and got N39506 about a month ago...getting to know her is amazing.

Comments

• That is one beautiful airplane. Nice paint, great photo! May you have thousands of fun hours flying this bird around the country! :)

Scott Sherer
    Wright Brothers Master Pilot, FAA Commercial Pilot
    Aviation Director, Piper Owner Society Forum Moderator and Pipers Author.

Need help? Let me know!

• Yes, we've enjoyed traveling...most recent trip KY-SD, Mount Rushmore was awesome. Also, purchased the Lance for the IFR platform: GNS750, GTX345 (ABSin/out), EDM850, AltiMatic IIIC, & King KI525A HSI. The KI525A went down and couldn't get the parts so replaced with a Garmin G5. It works great with the GPS steering. I got my IFR ticket and found the AI wondering, wouldn't hold altitude. The shop says it's expensive so i wanted to go to another G5 but found it didn't interface with the autopilot. So i'm going with an Aspen 1000 PFD which will interface.

Here comes the rub...a recent SAIB (SW-18-31) released 21Nov18 about the ASPEN 1000 instruments...noting an unexpected instrument reset and loss of all altitude and airspeed references...Has any of our members have any experiences with this problem...I would like to know before installation...scheuled for Dec 17th...

• Hi, I have the Aspen in my Arrow. No resets, no worries. The reset problem exists only if you're displaying ADS-B data on the Aspen. :)

Scott Sherer

Need help? Let me know!

• Very beautiful and capable airplane, congratulations!

Karol Zadora
    PA28RT-201T Turbo Arrow IV
    Seattle Area

• That is a very nice Lance!!!

I love to defy gravity!
    1979 Arrow IV

• Just got N39506 from the avionics shop with the Aspen 1000 PFD...First flight was a little intimidating, so begins the learning curve...it seems intuitive, i believe it will be a great asset...

Thanks for the complements...it is appreciated.

• I'm about 10 months in learning my Aspen 1000 PFD. The only button that you really need to learn is the gpss/nav button. You can experiment with the rest over time. Good luck!

Scott Sherer

Need help? Let me know!

• Scott,
    I agree. I didn’t enter the menu/sub-menus pages often.

• Thanks for the input...I tried the gpss switch using my legacy autopilot...it didn't work as well as the original G5 HSI. When on course the controls would increasingly oscillate banking right to left until I terminated at ~ 20 degree bank. I'm going to take it back to the shop for "tuning". Has anyone else have this issue?