Author Scott Sherer's 1977 Turbo Arrow

I know you've all been following my Piper Seneca II restoration projects over the years. If you've been following this forum you saw a message from member John Scifers about wanting a Seneca like mine. I responded to him and we've just completed a trade of his Turbo Arrow for my Seneca! We're both absolutely delighted! Here are a couple of photos of the new, to me Arrow

!

Scott Sherer
Wright Brothers Master Pilot, FAA Commercial Pilot
Aviation Director, Piper Owner Society Forum Moderator and Pipers Author.

Need help? Let me know!

Comments

• Ha, welcome to the Turbo Arrow gang! :) Nice panel. How is it flying the Arrow compared to the Seneca?

Karol Zadora
    PA28RT-201T Turbo Arrow IV
    Seattle Area

• And if I may ask, what made you switch from a twin to SE?

Karol Zadora
    Seattle Area

• I haven't flown the Arrow other than a test ride yet. I'll let you know how it handles soon. As for why I switched from a twin to a single: The Seneca wasn't up for sale but an opportunity came along at a good price and so I did the deal. However, I used a Seneca for 30 years in my business and I retired from that business four years ago. While I fly all of the time, I'm don't really need the full and expensive capability of a twin anymore. Shorter trips and out for lunch are the mode of the day and the Seneca is a bit too much airplane for that mission. Since my mission is less strenuous (from an airplane point of view) I switched to an airplane more appropriate for my mission. Thanks for asking!

Scott Sherer

Need help? Let me know!

• Thank you, Scott for a detailed reply! It is always educational for me to learn about what made someone choose their airplane vs another type.

Karol Zadora
    Seattle Area

• Congrats! I just bought an NA arrow as my Lance was totaled. Love it so far. A bit slower than I have been for the past 12 years, but still fun to fly. Very nice looking-plane you have!

• Thanks so much! It will be a couple of weeks before I get in the air and wring it out. I'm looking forward to it for Spring! :)

Scott Sherer

Need help? Let me know!

• Congratulatios for the trade ! What a nice panel !!! I am sure that you will love the turbo Arrow !
    By the way, I'm looking for a JPI EDM 830 unit like yours.
    Do you know someone that has a used unit to sell ?

Paulo Hatschbach
    Private Pilot