Don’t Try This At Home

Happy Wednesday, I posted this under show and tell, but please feel free to move it wherever you deem fit. 20-turn spin with engine out and windmill-self-restart. Sewanee, Tennessee.
Cheers

https://www.dropbox.com/s/j5cdrxgw0sodwrm/20_turn_spin_eng_out.mov?dl=0

Comments

• OMG, Elio! :)

Scott Sherer
    Wright Brothers Master Pilot, FAA Commercial Pilot
    Aviation Director, Piper Owner Society Forum Moderator and Pipers Author.

Need help? Let me know!

• Lol...descent from 10k ft to 3k ft at pilot’s discretion :wink:
  • I've never done a spin in 55 years and after watching your video, I'm never going to do one, lol. :)

Scott Sherer

Need help? Let me know!

• LOL :) I took one for the whole team!!!
  • At my age, I would throw up after 3 turns!!
    Austin

• Thanks, Austin. ;)

Scott Sherer

Need help? Let me know!

• That would be quite a spread (centrifugal force) looool
  • NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

• 3 shots of Greygoose and I’m throwing up,,,no spins required LOL
  • I'd be interested in the type of plane you were flying. Was this required training for your ATP?
  • edited September 2019
    Cessna 150 aerobat, “wilbur”. A carbon copy “orville” that was flown by Bill Kershner is at the Smithonian museum (see attached).
    No, it was a personal requirement before I jump in the right seat with students determined to end my life. LOL ;) Did all kinds of aerobatics and upset training as well. Best investment ever.
  • Cool. Bill Kerschner was my hero and mentor. Though I did not personally know him, I devoured his books.

Regards,

Mike
  • edited September 2019
    Sorry Mr. KERSHNER for not spelling your name correctly! He was a fantastic illustrator. But having grown up and learning to fly in the northeastern states, I could never quite understand the landscape shown in his maneuver illustrations! I could never find a road straight enough to do more than one or two S turns across a road! It all made sense, and made me laugh, when I moved to Illinois. ;)
  • Hahahah he did S turns on waves in the pacific at night and with no lights ;)