Cherokee 140B #25392

Hi folks,

I'd like to introduce my Cherokee 140B, 1969 model, serial number 25392. The plane spent it's whole life in Germany and has 4000 hours. 1000 were flown in the first two years! Since I bought it in 2015 I fly about 80 hours a year.

Upgrades:
Garmin Aera 795 panel mounted
TRX 2000 Traffic Monitor
8,33 radio
Powerflow Exhaust
D3G Engine (160hp)
Fresh paint (almost original paint scheme)
New carpets and leather

The plane brought me and my wife safely to different places in Europe. Highlights were a journey to the Scilly Islands with a 611nm nonstop leg on the return flight and our honeymoon trip to Venice, Italy.

I love that old bird for its easy handing and economical operation 😊

Comments

• Greetings Sabastian! What a great airplane, congrats. I learned to fly in a 140 back in the 1960's. I loved that plane! Welcome aboard. :)

Scott Sherer
    Wright Brothers Master Pilot, FAA Commercial Pilot
    Aviation Director, Piper Owner Society Forum Moderator and Pipers Author.

Need help? Let me know!

• Thank you, Scott! 😊

• Nice Cherokee 140 and sounds like a great adventure flying.

• Great to hear from our members across the pond! Beautiful plane!

What speed do you cruise at and what's your fuel burn with the 160 HP engine?

Jim "Doc Griff" Griffin
    PA28 - 161
    Chicago area

• Nice plane

• @griff390 I cruise 107kts @30 litres (7.9 US gallons) per hour when at 2500RPM. That’s slightly on the lean side with CHTs between 360 and 380.

• Sebastian:

Thanks! That's similar to my 160 hp Warrior II numbers. 115 KTAS at 65% power at 7,500 ft (2,286 meters) burning 8.2 gal/hr (31 liters/hr) at 50 deg ROP. I don't have CHT sensors, so no temps to share.

Always wondered if there would be a performance difference between the Cherokee and Warrior airframes if equipped with the same engine. Seems not much at all.

That is a very nice looking aircraft!

Jim "Doc Griff" Griffin
    PA28 - 161
    Chicago area

• Good looking plane!
  • Thanks for the positive comments! 😊

I went ahead with the panel upgrade meanwhile and that's how it came out:

• Very nicely put together. Did you also do the side stick STC or is this a pic before final reassembly? :D

I own and fly a 79 PA32RT-300T. Previous aircraft are a 79 Archer and 76 Arrow.

• edited December 2021
    πŸ˜‚ No, I prefer the traditional yokes.

Here's another one in flight.