New Member SoCal

Hello Piper Owners! Moved to SoCal a few years ago and had to give up my partnership in a beautiful T210L. My wife and I are both pilots and had a Turbo Lance in our sights, but life decided to hand us a beautiful baby boy! Jack is now three and we are back in the hunt for another aircraft. Excited to be a part of this community. Thank you and Happy New Year!

Comments

• A turbo lance is perfect for a growing family! :) Thanks for joining and if there's anything I can do for you, please let me know. :) I'm on my 8th Piper over 50 years... :)

Scott Sherer
    Wright Brothers Master Pilot, FAA Commercial Pilot
    Aviation Director, Piper Owner Society Forum Moderator and Pipers Author.

Need help? Let me know!

• Thank you Scott! I have been reading the different forums topics before I start asking redundant questions. I have a family of 4 (small kids), a budget of $120k and a need to go 300 miles at least once a month with visits to Mammoth (7100ft) and Tahoe (5900ft). I am a big believer in turbos so I believe the Lance is a good fit based on my budget and mission. Any and all thoughts appreciated. Thank you again!

• I have a Lance II and love it...they match your mission perfectly. Recommend being meticulous in your search and a thorough pre-buy.

• I won't have any airplane without a turbo. In my case, I've owned 9 continential TSIO-360's in Seneca's and Arrow's for 30 years. Almost no maintenance and no failures. A lance is a bigger engine, though and roevadas (above) is the lance aficionado. However, having spent 30 years in a Seneca, same fuselage as a Lance, I love the 6 place interior and dual doors. :)

Scott Sherer

Need help? Let me know!

• The Seneca is our number one choice. We fly in the mountains and at night. My wife and I are both retired Army/Air Force pilots so more than one engine and/or ejection seat has been our get out of jail free card. Regarding aircraft purchase, would you recommend engaging a broker with knowledge of the particular brand i.e. Bartelt? My only trepidation is the fear of the unknown concerning care and feeding of a twin. We plan to fly 120 hours per year.
  • edited January 2021
    Nothing wrong with a broker who is familiar with the plane you want. No matter which model you choose, there is a wealth of real world ownership experience right here on this forum.

Thank you both (you and your wife) for serving our country. Our little bug smashers are a bit different than what you're used to flying. You might need a 337 form to install an ejection seat in a Lance though. :)

Jim "Doc Griff" Griffin
    PA28 - 161
    Chicago area

• 30 years in Seneca 2's and 3's and I never noticed the ejection seat. :)

Scott Sherer

Need help? Let me know!