Warrior in Oxford UK

This is my third Piper and love the simplicity and handling of the Warrior. Mine started off life in Northern California and was flown over to the UK around twelve years ago.

It just had a catch up annual, with all the various SB and ADs the type has been subject to in recent years. It flew through the inspections with flying colours and zero corrosion. It got anti corrosion ACF50 treatment during the inspections, and a new propeller. The seats are being recovered, and after 43 years the aircraft will be in a hangar while I own it.

A previous owner installed the knots2u gap seals and fairings, and the aircraft is an honest 120 KTAS cruiser.

My last Piper was a Super Cub, and I must confess the comfort and quieter cabin of the Warrior is very welcome. Two up and fuel at the tabs it is no slouch on some of the shorter grass strips in the UK, but I know some of them are just Super Cub friendly.

Comments

• Cheers Robert, and welcome. Where are you based?

• EGTN Enstone

• Ah, it looks to be just south of Coventry? I attended a history and maintenance seminar some years ago at the Jaguar Cars factory there after a business trip. I really needed help with my Jaguar XJS V12 which I eventually sold after 14 years.

Regards,

Mike

• Great to see another Midlands based Piper lover. If you are ever in Coventry or Wellesbourne give me a ping. I am piper less till August due to engine refurb but always keen to catchup. Ed

Ed Powell

• Recent visit to Eddsfield in the Yorkshire Wolds

• Wow, awesome photo! :) I wish I were there with you!

Scott Sherer
    Wright Brothers Master Pilot, FAA Commercial Pilot
    Aviation Director, Piper Owner Society Forum Moderator and Pipers Author.

Need help? Let me know!