baggage door lock cover

Anyone know where I can get a lock cover like the one shown in the photo? Bottom hole. I cannot find a part number. Thanks.

Comments

• Care to let us know which airframe you are researching?

I own and fly a 79 PA32RT-300T. Previous aircraft are a 79 Archer and 76 Arrow.

• Looks like one of these. Is the old one missing?

Eric Panning
    1981 Seneca III
    Hillsboro, OR (KHIO)

• PA28-180 Challenger.

Yes. My cover is missing. The other 3 have a fabric covering the holes

• I have attractive aged fiberglass insulation surrounding my lock. It is a great feature, that allow air in almost unchecked at altitude when the OAT delta is -20 or greater to the desired cabin temp.

I think I will get one.

1973 Arrow II factory AC removed

G5’S, G275, GNX375 Still can get lost.

• That’s why I have blankets in the back of my ride, LOL.

• edited May 2023

@Unit74

Now you tell me.

We went down to Sun N Blister. On our way north the air was cold but the sun was painful. They don’t need hand sanitizer they need sunblock dispensers every 100 feet. We put on SPF 6000 before we left the hotel but we are from Ohio so we last saw the sun in October. My daughter and I are blonde blue, we handle sun very well.

I have owned the plane for 2 years, slowly getting it in shape, down to air leaks, my plane is the centerfold in this months mag. It has been an amazing transformation. But uncommanded ventilation is still an issue. There is a possibility I need a new main door seal but I don’t want to talk about that.

• If the main door seal has no tears or other blemishes, consider just supplementing that seal with the Piper snubber seal. I did that on my Warrior with remarkable results. There are no air leaks, no light gaps, and there are almost no water leaks. I paid about $70 for mine a few years ago and installation was fairly easy. You may need to release some tension on the door lock because it creates a really tight fit.

• From what great retailer do you get this magical device?

This is a device ordained by the gods of Piper to mitigate the only short coming of the great PA-28 airframe. (Don’t bust my bubble. Reality free zone here.)

• edited May 2023

I bought mine from Skytech, Inc. https://www.skytechinc.com/piper-sales

Skytech is a Piper dealer. Price may have increased a bit since I bought mine a few years ago.

From my logbook:

"Date July 17, 2017, tach 2935.5. Installed Piper Snubber door seal (Piper part 36722-04) in accordance with Piper PA-28 & PA-44 Snubber Installation Kit (Piper part no. 763-962). Used 3M Yellow Super Weatherstrip adhesive."

You may need to reapply the adhesive if parts of the seal comes loose.

• Bebopping along at 17k, momma turns into an ice pop. I actually have wool Mexican blankets back there and she just keeps reading her hot and juicy Kindle novel bundled up like a carne asada burrito. Her only complaint is a dry nose from the O2.