B 29 Fifi

I got a YouTube suggested video short that said Fife had a right main landing gear failure while under tow. It said the damage is significant. I cannot find a news article about it.

Any of all y’all know about this?

1973 Arrow II factory AC removed

G5’S, G275, GNX375 Still can get lost.

Comments

• Nothing on the CAF about it. I did see this convoluted gamers post on YouTube. https://youtu.be/2yMx4x7a9UU

I own and fly a 79 PA32RT-300T. Previous aircraft are a 79 Archer and 76 Arrow.

• Ummm, yeah. Because Influencer space on YouTube is the place to go for news. And only second to FaceBook / Meta, right?

• Don’t shoot the messenger. 😂 I don’t have any social media accounts, nor will I ever. 😐️ But I did see the thumbnail on YouTube between looking at various Garmin produced tutorials for my new gear.

I own and fly a 79 PA32RT-300T. Previous aircraft are a 79 Archer and 76 Arrow.

• I was unable to find it again to link it. I am very relieved that it is a BS post.

I did not look at CAF but did look for incidents on the FAA page. I was unsure if the ground crew moving the plane with a resultant gear collapse would make it to FAA level.

At least it appears to be untrue. That is good news.

• @Resq5hvy - What was the supposed date of the incident? I saw it in the air about 10 days ago.

• The video was dated the day I posted this, so June 10, incident likely took place afternoon of June 9 as there were long shadows in the video.

• Ok, so how is going to break the 'guy rule' by calling and asking?

Or, are we going to keep driving?

• What are you trying to say?

Call and ask whom? Are you suggesting I should call the owner of Fifi and ask if they just fuckup their prized possession? As the head of a major airline operations department from 9pm to 7am I can tell you with total certainty that no one will answer that question. The only person who can answer that question is the Dear Leader who got his script from the legal department.