New Member - Dreaming of a 6-260/300

New Member here working on my license on an Archer and based in central North Carolina.

Would love to find a way to own or partially own a 6-seater with low Insurance costs. The 6-260/300 seems to be the way to go and it's just a matter of getting the endorsements squared away!

Comments

• The Six is a very desirable airframe and hold value extremely well. Down and welded is a huge insurance draw as well. You get the bulk of the benefits of a Lance, but half the MX and insurance costs only being penalized 15-20 min on a long XC.

Good luck on the plane hunt!

I own and fly a 79 PA32RT-300T. Previous aircraft are a 79 Archer and 76 Arrow.

• ty ty

I'm ready for the Flying Caravan! Know any good resources (that don't have a huge broker charge) for Pipers?

• You can search for local owners on the FAA database and write them a letter too. It is possible you will find an owner interested in selling or at least showing you their plane. Maybe a partnership? Plenty of owners considering selling but have not pulled the trigger yet and would be open to a private sale to an informed pilot vs dealing with brokers/websites/tire kickers

I know I would reply to a personal letter from a local pilot and at least say hi.

Eric Panning
    1981 Seneca III
    Hillsboro, OR (KHIO)

• That’s brilliant empannin, thank you!!! I’d totally be down for a local partnership too.