“Upcoming” fleet wide NPRM (151, 161, 181)

Hello!

Does anyone know what the rumors are about this upcoming NPRM? Apparently we are in the data collection stages. Also, does TIS refer to airframe hours?

Jeremy Olexa, N2471U 1979 PA28-181 Archer II. Minneapolis, MN (KMIC)

Comments

• Looks like an extension of the wing spar topic.

Curmudgeon alert. I'm in a mood, so take the following for what it's worth.

The skeptical side in me is a bit allergic to fishing expeditions like this. Am 100% onboard with goals to keep everybody safe, but it is how we get there that can cause turbulence.

If somebody wants details, come to me with explicit statements of its use, what systems it will pass through, what controls are on the data and which auditors validate these controls, who to hold accountable upon exfiltration of the data, exactly who gets to see the data, any further releasability of the data, and when / how the data will delete. Based on this, we have inferences to some of the data's use, but really have no answers to anything.

While the end purpose for this ask probably has a good intent, have seen enough where information can also drive agendas.

Agree with wanting to know the driver of this ask as it is not really transparent. Leaving it up to the community for guesswork is definitely not helpful.

And from another skeptical perspective, statements of anonymity are usually rather humorous, especially if the data contains any identifiable information, and even if it is just a seemingly "random" tracking number. If the data truly is anonymous, then any return forms will shy away from any identifiable information. Providing a prepaid return envelope is definitely a good step toward anonymity, although the skeptic still sees opportunities for identification by way of that barcode on the envelope as it might have more than what the Post Office needs for efficient routing.

• Why are Arrows and 236’s excluded?

1973 Arrow II factory AC removed

G5’S, G275, GNX375 Still can get lost.

• This applies to all PA-28’s. I believe there is something additional to do with the tapered wing 151, 161 and 181.