Piper Electric Trim Motor

I have a PA-32-300 with electric trim that has been inop since we purchased the airplane. During the purchase, a few problems were identified including a servo or pulley that was bound up and an issue with the switch. The issue with the pulley/servo and switch was corrected but it appears the motor burned out due to those issues. Does anyone know where the motor can be sent to be rebuilt or if that's even an option?

Thank you.

Comments

• Autopilots Central. They are the Century wizzards.

I own and fly a 79 PA32RT-300T. Previous aircraft are a 79 Archer and 76 Arrow.

• Hi,

I have a PA-32-300 and have removed the Piper Electric Trim system for an upgrade. It was working well when removed, and the parts are available for sale. PM me if interested. Thanks.

• Jim, I am interested in your PET system parts, but I don't know how to "PM me if interested." I need help on how to exchange contact info with you. Not sure about posting telephone or email in these comments. If anyone can help me, I will appreciate it. Thx.

Willie Topken A&P/IA N4132W PA32-300 N3378H ERCO 415-D @ KFLX

• I have a very low time PA32-300. When I acquired it, the electric trim was very stiff and barely worked. I sent it to Autopilots Central for O/H. It came back and still is still. Is there a torque adjustment or the like to remedy this? The cables are tensioned within spec and the pulleys are fine.

• If indeed they OH and the clutch friction is correct , time to start looking at the trim drum ad manual trim wheel for friction issues.

carl

48 yrs A/P IA DAL aircraft inspector. 172N