As old indian chief once say, "it is good day to fly!" lol

It's a balmy day in beautiful Wisconsin!

Scott Sherer
Wright Brothers Master Pilot, FAA Commercial Pilot
Aviation Director, Piper Owner Society Forum Moderator and Pipers Author.

Need help? Let me know!

Comments

• On days with horrible weather, my flight instructor used to say "Every day is sunny, it just depends on your altitude!"

Jim "Doc Griff" Griffin
    PA28 - 161
    Chicago area

• Got to love that airspeed. Scott! Was that on the 6th? It was miserable in Schaumburg!

• I didn't notice it Mike till you pointed it out. 171kts!

Scott Sherer

Need help? Let me know!

• edited January 9

My eyes are only seeing ~140 indicated. But hey, will not argue with 171 as any day that we can get that view is a good day 😁

Got some hole in the sky time last week as well. Shot a coupled IFR approach in severe clear just to watch the electronics manage the approach. ~5 miles out the autopilot captured the glide slope, was just about to make the plane dirty and advance the prop, but the tower asked me to expedite for traffic. So I left the prop alone and added a few inches to the power. Next thing I knew I was doing ~165 down the glide slope. Let it run this way until about 3 miles out. Took me a about a mile to slow down enough to drop the gear and flaps. Had speed down to ~85 over the fence. Plane was gracious and let me do a nice landing with a brief stall horn toot right as the mains barked. Definitely a good day.

• 140 ias, 171 ground speed on the Aspen. :)

Scott Sherer

Need help? Let me know!