Hanger Space

Good evening all,

I am currently working in north central Maryland and I’m looking for a hanger while I’m here to be able to fly on the weekends and also to be able to fly home where I currently have it hangered in TN. I’ve called everywhere and no luck. Most places have wait list for years. I’m not trying to find a permanent place, just one to keep it out the elements for the upcoming year while I complete the project I’m on. It’s a 1970 Cherokee 140 that’s been hangered since day 1 and I don’t want to break the cycle of that.

Any suggestions? Or anyone here close to the area have some space they are willing to rent out for the flying season.

Much appreciated!

Comments

• edited March 13

In reading into the narrative, if the up-front question was for short term (something like month to month), can see where the availability drops to zero as the operators usually look for a year or more.

If the budget is flexible, one possible path is to look at the larger fields with full sized hangars as opposed to a T-hangar. Only downside is risk of rash from others needing to move your plane out of the way.

Knew somebody who based out of BWI a long time ago, but do not know about their current availability. And, rates are crazy high.

• Rates are ridiculous anywhere you look to be honest. Yes, month to month would be ideal but I’m open to a year long one as well. This project I’m on will likely run into Thanksgiving or Christmas this year.

Just have to keep searching I guess.

Thanks for the input.