Pre-Buy In Louisville, KY

Hi all,

Does anyone know of a good A&P in the Kentucky area that does pre-buys? This would be on a Piper Seneca.

Any recommendation on how to get that setup is appreciated.

Thanks!

Kay

Comments

• No, but I love Seneca's. What are you getting?

Scott Sherer
    Wright Brothers Master Pilot, FAA Commercial Pilot
    Aviation Director, Piper Owner Society Forum Moderator and Pipers Author.

Need help? Let me know!

• Still need one?

1973 Arrow II factory AC removed

G5’S, G275, GNX375 Still can get lost.

• Here is a partial Seneca list (some of these things are common to the single engine family too.

1) Inspect the center tunnel in the foot area aft removing carpet as needed to verify that it is not corroded.

2) With engines running at idle and 30 MP how matched are gauges, fuel flow, throttle and mixture positions. Does it idle well? Most run much better above 900 rpm

3) inspect turbo system and compliance for the exhaust clamp AD

4) inspect air compressor side and turn blades. any nicks, oil?

5) Is the play in the rudder and elevator trim within spec? It is fairly tight...

6) Check gear system for external leaks. In flight it should not cycle more than once every 3-5 min (you will only see a blip on the alternator). The most likely leak is an internal leak and the most likely cause (especially right after annual) is the o-ring in the emergency gear extension is worn out. This will cause fast cycling of the gear until the pump dies...

7) All of the interesting bits on the the airframe are really under the large panel that is under the middle seats.

8) Does prop sync work?

9) FIKI or boots or nothing? Any leaks in the boot system?

10) i would check for fuel leaks around the tanks by removing the access panels (but not the fuel tank access panels!). This are for fittings, sensors, etc.

11) 80% of the access panels access an area that is fairly boring. if you have to prioritize I would say

• Wing root panels to inspect the wing attach
    • center section panels for controls, pump for the heater, AP servo, etc. Careful with this one with tools as you are removing/installing hardware next to the spar - don't nick the spar.
    • panels in tail for trim systems
    • large panel aft of the engine cowling (mostly empty in there but worth making sure it is empty... also vac servos.
    • The fuel panels mentioned above
    • The annoying nose baggage compartment panels that expose key parts of the nose gear and voltage regulators and some electronics.
    • The engine is easily decowled and fully inspected.
    • The aft hatch for inspecting the tailcone heater is easily removed.

have fun!

Eric Panning
    1981 Seneca III
    Hillsboro, OR (KHIO)