Branson, MO

I recently took a wonderful trip to Branson, MO with my wife in our Arch-Warrior! Flew into KPLK, located just minutes from downtown Branson. Please post any questions you might have about this destination, and I'd be happy to answer from my recent experience.

Best Regards,
Phil Geddes

Comments

• Hi Bill,

FBO: The FBO was as nice inside as any of the Signatures, etc.. that I've been to; only no free cookies! It is colocated with the small terminal building, and adjacent the main airport parking lot.

Fuel Prices: Average... I think I paid about $4.30 per gallon. Make sure to emphasize any special requests. I wrote down to fill to "the tabs" but they just topped me off.

Car Rental: This was the higlight. By simply registering for a "Wizard Number" through Avis, I was able to arrive after hours and pick up my key from one of the lock-boxes out front... very convenient. Cars are all late model Hyundai Sonatas, Chevy Cobalt, etc.. Very happy with our rental. Expect to pay around 30 dollars a day.

Tie-Down: Unfortunately no discounts with fuel... $10 a day for parking.

The approach at night into PLK is beautiful with the lights out of downtown, etc. Of course be aware of the towers near downtown as well as the laser lights. Runway is in good condition, and pilot lighting is straight-forward. I would close with Columbia FSS before landing if you're flying VFR (especially after hours). I had a gentlemen with a flashlight looking for me at the airport while I was busy figuring out the rental-car location.

I can't imagine any reason to fly a King Air or smaller into Springfield... PLK is just so convenient!

Regards,
    Phil Geddes