Newly renovated 1981 Turbo Arrow IV

Hello. This is my first post and thought I'd share a couple pictures of the results after a year of taking an older plane and making it like new. My Turbo Arrow is even more fun with all the new toys I have to play with.

Comments

• edited August 2019

Wow! Looks amazing! :)

(I have a 79 Turbo Arrow)

Cheers!

Karol Zadora
    PA28RT-201T Turbo Arrow IV
    Seattle Area

• Scott, this is magazine-worthy! :D

Karol Zadora
    PA28RT-201T Turbo Arrow IV
    Seattle Area

• :o Pretty inside and out!

Jim M.
    PA-28R-200
    Based at BUU
    ATC Chicago TRACON

• edited August 2019

Now that's what I'm talkin' about! :) I do like that you fly from the left seat while using the right rudder pedals, lol. Who did your paint? Don't forget a hub cap for your nose gear :)

Scott Sherer
    Wright Brothers Master Pilot, FAA Commercial Pilot
    Aviation Director, Piper Owner Society Forum Moderator and Pipers Author.

Need help? Let me know!

• Paint was T&P Aero in Salinas CA. Amazing attention to detail.
  • Scott I’d be happy to let you do an article on the plane.
  • I think I'm going to put it in our next newsletter next week :)

Scott Sherer

Need help? Let me know!

• What a panel !!!
    Nice and clean !
    Well done
    Very nice.

Thanks for posting.

Paulo Hatschbach
    Private Pilot

• How did you do that hangar floor!?
  • With all that information you have in front of you and you still need an IPAD? Don't understand it.
    Austin

• It’s a pretty cheap backup for an electrical system failure....I can shoot an RNAV approach with my iPad in an emergency, plus I’ve got all of my charts and can check weather, etc...really easily with it.

Jim M.
    PA-28R-200
    Based at BUU
    ATC Chicago TRACON

• What year is your Arrow? I have a 76. I found that after all these years I can't taxi or takeoff from the right seat. I don't have enough rudder pedal travel, especially right rudder. Piper has been less than helpful. The two Arrows that I checked here are almost as bad. I guess I'm the only one with the problem. Kind of like the B-737 max 9 issue. I may have talked you you going into O'hare before I retired (US Airways).
    Austin

• My Arrow is a ‘72. I always fly from the left seat, so next time I’m at the airport I’ll check on the right rudder thing and see if mine is the same way. We certainly may have talked if you flew into O’Hare occasionally! I have a friend who is a 737 CA for Southwest who won’t get into a single engine piston airplane....funny that you own one after flying jets for a career!

Jim M.
    PA-28R-200
    Based at BUU
    ATC Chicago TRACON

• In 74, a bungee was installed in the steering system. Not sure if that affects it or not. I measured the rudder travel with the airplane on jacks and it was about half travel from the right seat. Appreciate your help. My first flight after checking out as Captain on the B-737 was PIT-ORD at night. Baptism under fire for sure!!
    Austin

• Regarding Ausin's question about why still use an iPad. Well I still need it for flight planning with Garmin Pilot, its a great third MFD and its also a great backup device. But in flight I learned something surprising about FIS-B on the GTN 750 and the new G500 TXi. FAA with FIS-B doesn't include all TFR's. I called Garmin and they confirmed this. I noticed sports TFR's and fire fighting TFR's do not display. The iPad with Pilot (or Foreflight) display ALL current TFR's.

• MikeJJ asked about the hangar floor. My wife and I installed in ourselves in a few hours. https://www.garageflooringllc.com/diamond-garage-floor-tile/

• Really nice job. Looks amazing!

Ben

• I have a grey epoxy floor now but this looks really tempting.
  • That looks amazing... I am redoing my NA Arrow IV as we speak also...

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1CB8uTDKImNKam-0AciC1v1KviEWilhEk?usp=sharing

• OMG, you have quite the project on your hands. How long are you going to be down for this?

Scott Sherer

Need help? Let me know!

• It's been a while but close to getting phase I done, have avionics, interior and paint.

• I didn't know that about the TFR's on the GTN 750. During the summer, there are all to many fire TFR's here in Arizona. I have checked with Garmin on several other 750 issues and "I'm the only one who has the problem" answer is what I usually get.
    Austin

• Nice airplane! I just bought my Turbo Arrow IV in August, nearly identical paint job. She heads in for a massive panel upgrade in a couple weeks, mind if I hit you up for some tips? skylord@cox.net

Bob Marks
    N777FG P28RT-201T
    Retired ATC SoCal TRACON/LA Center