Re-Discovering Arizona in a Piper Warrior

After earning my private certificate in Nov 2018, I purchased a 1974 PA28-151 and have been venturing out from my home base in Deer Valley/Chandler to re-discover the beautiful state of Arizona...this time from above. It’s amazing to be able to cut typical drive time by more than 50%, and my wife and I enjoy being able maximize our weekend time at locations that were driving timesinks in the past.

Comments

• Nice looking airplane. Looks like the photos were taken in Sedona. Lets hope the terrible fires we have east of town get put out shortly.
    Austin

• Great plane, beautiful photos, wonderful dog :)

Scott Sherer
    Wright Brothers Master Pilot, FAA Commercial Pilot
    Aviation Director, Piper Owner Society Forum Moderator and Pipers Author.

Need help? Let me know!

• Hi Austin,
    Thanks, and yes those were taken in Sedona this past weekend. Coming back into PHX on Sunday late morning was pretty hazy with all the airborne ash/smoke. Hopefully it will subside soon.

• Thanks Scott!

• Fire is now being contained, thank God. For those flying out in the Arizona area, a stop in Sedona (SEZ) is a must. One of the most beautiful areas in the country. Restaurant on the field. I rate it about a 7.
    Asutin

• Beauty!
  • Great pictures!

• After a few delays and 6 weeks at KCHD both on the ramp and in the hangar, my panel updates ( Garmin GNX 375; 345 audio panel, new CDI, Stratus USB port) are finished. Never thought it would take this long to get a new GPS/transponder and audio panel installed. So far everything works seemlessly. The photo of updated panel was taken before the new database was installed. Also I can verify that the 375 and ForeFlight work very well together, the Bluetooth enabled flight plan transfer capability is worth every penny

• It looks good! Just so that you know, the Before looked really good, too.

Scott Sherer

Need help? Let me know!

• Thanks Scott! I agree it looks great before and after. I really like all the new built-in Bluetooth capabilities. The new ADS-B transponder in the GNX-375 is also a space saver and really cleaned up my stack.

I have a request that is on a different topic. I am US Navy Veteran (submariner), and I am looking to get involved in with Vets With Wings or a similar organization in Arizona. I'd like to hear from yourself or any other members about how to go about doing this successfully. I'd love to give back to Veterans by offering to take them flying around Arizona. OR to breakfast/lunch somewhere closely (KSEZ, KRYN, KPAN, etc). All these are within an hour or so of my home base KGEU

• Have your Dolphins? :) Very cool, most impressive. Regarding your question, I'm not a vet and don't know but I'm hoping that one of our members will chime in with advice.

Scott Sherer

Need help? Let me know!

• Beautiful photos! I fly my Cherokee out of Prescott. Northern Arizona has lots of cool little airports to visit.

• Very nice job with the plane and the photos!

• My wife & I love to spend winter time in Surprise Az. Not the last couple winters, but perhaps in the near future. Love Sedona area and the Chandler airport. Great pictures.