New Member and New..to me Arrow owner!

My son and I just purchased a 1972 PA28R-200 model. Very excited to own it, looking forward to flying it and glad to participate here and learn new and helpful things from all of you!

Andy Sikora
1972 PA28R-200
X51
Retired Miami ATCT/Tracon

Comments

• Nice bird :) Congrats! And stay tuned, you'll learn lots here!

Scott Sherer
    Wright Brothers Master Pilot, FAA Commercial Pilot
    Aviation Director, Piper Owner Society Forum Moderator and Pipers Author.

Need help? Let me know!

• Yes, let’s see some panel pics!

Jim M.
    PA-28R-200
    Based at BUU
    ATC Chicago TRACON

• edited February 2020

Panel is 1972.but still looks good for its age.. needs updating but that will have to wait for a bit. My wallet is a little sore right now.
    Andy

Andy Sikora
    1972 PA28R-200
    X51

• It'll be fine :) Beatuful airplane, thanks so much for posting the pics.

Scott Sherer

Need help? Let me know!

• Beautiful plane, and welcome to the group!

Jim "Doc Griff" Griffin
    PA28 - 161
    Chicago area

• Very nice plane, and that panel was sure a walk down memory lane for me. Have fun fly safe.

• So my timing for buying a new plane isn't the greatest. I took it in to the shop to have a few things fixed from when we purchased it. The virus became a thing everywhere. So I decided to do some upgrading while it was in the shop. I am having them put in a Garmin 175 GPS and a Garmin 345 audio panel. This should bring the plane up to much more current usability and will certainly make her more fun to fly. Just trying to make good use of the time society is shut down. I;ll post pics when it's done...

Andy Sikora
    1972 PA28R-200
    X51

• I'm doing the same thing, lol. New headliner and window molding going in right now while I'm trying to keep busy. I can't wait to see your pics!

Scott Sherer

Need help? Let me know!

• Thanks, Scott. I would love to see a few finished headliner pictures when you are done. That sounds like a difficult but fun project. And one of those things that you will have a lot of pride in when done, as you will look at it every time you fly.

Andy Sikora
    1972 PA28R-200
    X51

• Thanks Andy,
    This is my fourth or fifth Airtex interior since the early 70's. Headliners aren't very hard but removing the old adhesive is tedious and time consuming. I'm almost done with that phase, about ten hours put it.

Scott Sherer

Need help? Let me know!

• Scott; and I'll bet when you get home, you can still smell the MEK. Guess how I know? :)

Jim "Doc Griff" Griffin
    PA28 - 161
    Chicago area

• Hi Griff. Gosh, cause you've used it? How? lol

Scott Sherer

Need help? Let me know!

• It never goes away. 8 years later and I can still smell it! LOL

Jim "Doc Griff" Griffin
    PA28 - 161
    Chicago area

• I surely believe that. If I can't smell it in a couple of years it will be because I burned my nose out using it, lol. :)

Scott Sherer

Need help? Let me know!

• Here are a few more pics from when we got the plane home. Spoke with the repair facility, about half done so maybe another week. Not sure how much flying will be going on till this is virus is over but I can't wait. Might have to fly a little when they finish. I'll have to move it back to my home airport when finished at least. Is anyone else flying these past few weeks?

Andy Sikora
    1972 PA28R-200
    X51

• I'm not flying Andy but I'm replacing my headliner to keep busy.

Scott Sherer

Need help? Let me know!

• Scott,
    Unfortunately I can't do any of the things being worked on. I am a very hands on guy and would really like to be doing something myself. My son and I have been talking about redoing the seats somewhere down the road. The Airtex people you have mentioned have some really nice looking choices. Right now we want to just fly a little before attempting another project But that will probably be the next thing we do! So thanks for mentioning them.. I have saved a lot of good websites from things people here have mentioned already!

Andy Sikora
    1972 PA28R-200
    X51

• Ok, Andy. Stay well and fly when you can :)

Scott Sherer

Need help? Let me know!

• Having a bunch of rain here in Florida today and all weekend, thought I would put up a few pictures to show what we have done since purchasing this Arrow. Besides the squawk list from the delivery of things that needed to be addressed, we decided to add a new audio panel and a new GPS to make life much easier and a little more modern... We got the plane back last week and have been flying it trying to adjust to this wonderful ride! So far, I couldn't be more happy with the plane and our new added equipment. We also added headset jacks for the back and PTT for the right seat, that wasn't there before. New clock and new EGT(which wasn't working). Not a total remodel but very nice as far as I am concerned. We still have a budget and will update more sometime in the future but for now very happy.

Andy Sikora
    1972 PA28R-200
    X51

• Really nice plane, how much did you pay for the Garmin gps?

1967 PA28-140

• Looking fabulous! Thanks for posting the pics :)

Scott Sherer

Need help? Let me know!

• for the GPS and installation it was $6150. I don't have the break down in front of me but think the GPS cost was around $4100 ish and the rest installation. But the total was $6150 which from what i have seen and read seemed to be a fair price!

Andy Sikora
    1972 PA28R-200
    X51

• That's amazing, thank you for letting me know!

1967 PA28-140

• edited September 2021
    well trying to post a current panel pic but it keeps flipping and blurring it. any suggestions?

Andy Sikora
    1972 PA28R-200
    X51

• Sure, email the pic to me at ssherer@ wi.rr.com and I'll get it figured out for you.

Scott Sherer

Need help? Let me know!

• edited September 2021

finally Scott your fine powers got the pic to upload correctly... very odd, wouldn't load properly before

Andy Sikora
    1972 PA28R-200
    X51

• so that is the panel with all new led red bulbs. W
    hat a difference for night flying. You can see everything so much better

Andy Sikora
    1972 PA28R-200
    X51

• Those are really cool photos and thanks very much for posting them. And I'm really glad you got the upload to work... :)

Scott Sherer

Need help? Let me know!