I just Bought a 1974 PA28R-200 - Hanger Find

2»

Comments

• The SkyBeacon is a very affordable option...Scott has detailed it’s simplicity of install.

• The install was easy as pie! :)

Scott Sherer
    Wright Brothers Master Pilot, FAA Commercial Pilot
    Aviation Director, Piper Owner Society Forum Moderator and Pipers Author.

Need help? Let me know!

• Glad you got a good deal. Sounds like you are going to have some fun putting it together. Don't let all this overwhelm you. Take one thing at a time. Be very careful with this engine. Nine plus years is a long time for an engine to sit idle especially in the Florida. I did an Annual on a 75 Arrow that sat a long time (Calif.). Prop and engine were not even overhaulable. Hope the prop is sealed. Good luck!!
    Austin

• My A&P Checked it all out and says that all looks Good. He Borescoped the Engine and checked the Compression on all cylinders - all in the Low/Mid 70's. But there are never any guarantees.

• And Yes, I read the very in-depth article from Scott on the Sky Beacon and it is on the list of possibilities, but I am leaning towards the Garmin 345.

• I have the 345 in my turbo Arrow. It sends weather and traffic to my Avidyne 540, Aspen 1000 and via bluetooth to my IPad/Foreflight. Wonderful device :)

Scott Sherer
    Wright Brothers Master Pilot, FAA Commercial Pilot
    Aviation Director, Piper Owner Society Forum Moderator and Pipers Author.

Need help? Let me know!